Feel free to explore our subleasing information using the resources below. Our staff will assist you as much as possible with your sublease.
There is a $200 fee to sublease your space.
Approval Hours: Monday – Thursday 10am – 4pm
INSTRUCTION FOR SUBLETTING YOUR APARTMENT
- Step 1: Find someone to sublet your apartment/bedroom.
- Step 2: Print the Sublease Agreement and all other documents from the website and complete with your Sublessee.
- Step 3: Bring your completed Sublease paperwork to the Front Desk and someone will look it over and approve it if all is correct. This needs to be done at least 48 hours before your Sublease will be able to move in. You can also email to email@example.com. This must be sent by the LEASE HOLDER.
- Step 4: Once your Sublease is approved, you should then go onto the PAY RENT portion of the website and submit a payment for the $200 Sublease Fee. This will need to be paid BEFORE the Sublease can pick of their keys and move in.
- Step 5: When moving out, you will need to turn your keys into U-Towers and complete a move out form. YOU CANNOT HAND OVER KEYS TO YOUR SUBLEASE FOR ANY REASON.
- Step 6: Your Sublease will be able to pick up keys on his or her move in date specified on the Sublease Agreement as long as they have photo ID and renters insurance. DTE should remain in the one of the LEASE HOLDERS names while you have a sublease.
Things to Know:
- You will need to continue paying your rent to U-Towers. Your Sublease will need to pay you directly. U-Towers cannot accept payments from someone who does not have a lease with us.
- If you have other roommates in your apartment or on your lease, you will need to have their signature on the side of the Sublease Agreement approving the person to reside in the apartment.
- U-Towers will not hold a Security Deposit for your Sublease. We will return your Security Deposit to you when your lease is up. You will be held responsible for any damages caused by you or your Sublease.
- You cannot charge your Sublease more than your monthly rent.
- You are not permitted to hand over keys to your Sublease. They must be returned to U-Towers and checked back in and then we will sign them out to your Sublease once all is approved and necessary documents are received.