Feel free to explore our subleasing information using the resources below. Our staff will assist you as much as possible with your sublease.
There is a $200 Sublease Fee each time you submit a Sublease Agreement.
Approval Hours: Monday – Thursday 10am – 4pm
INSTRUCTION FOR SUBLETTING YOUR APARTMENT
- Step 1: Find someone to sublet your apartment/bedroom.
You are responsible for finding your own sublease and communicating with them. We will NOT be able to show your apartment for you so you will either need to make yourself available to do so or you will need to use our virtual tours on this website.
- Step 2: Print the Sublease Agreement and Sublease Application from the website and complete with your Sublease.
- Step 3: You should then go onto the PAY RENT portion of the website and submit a payment for the $200 Sublease Fee. This will need to be paid BEFORE we will review your sublease paperwork.
- Step 4: Bring your completed Sublease paperwork to the Front Desk and someone will look it over and approve it if all is correct. This needs to be done at least 5 BUSINESS DAYS before your Sublease will be able to move in. You can also email to email@example.com. This must be sent by the LEASE HOLDER. We will NOT accept from the Sublease.
- Step 5: When moving out, you will need to turn your keys into U-Towers and complete a move out form. YOU CANNOT HAND OVER KEYS TO YOUR SUBLEASE FOR ANY REASON. If you do not turn in ALL issued keys and completed a move out form, your sublease will not be permitted to move in.
- Step 6: Your Sublease will be able to pick up keys on his or her move in date specified on the Sublease Agreement as long as they have photo ID and renters insurance. DTE should remain in the one of the LEASE HOLDERS names while you have a sublease and the sublease will reimburse that lease holder for their portion.
Things to Know:
- You will need to continue paying your rent to U-Towers. Your Sublease will need to pay you directly. U-Towers cannot accept payments from someone who does not have a lease with us.
- If you have other roommates in your apartment or on your lease, you will need to have their signature on the side of the Sublease Agreement approving the person to reside in the apartment. If your roommate(s) do not approve, they will need to have a reasonable reason submitted in writing to our office for review at least 2 business days before the Sublease Agreement start date. We have the right to override their denial if there is not a reasonable reason given.
- U-Towers will NOT hold a Security Deposit for your Sublease. We will return your Security Deposit to you when your lease is up. You will be held responsible for any damages caused by you or your Sublease. Please leave section 7. a. blank.
- You cannot charge your Sublease more than your monthly rent or your Sublease Agreement will immediately be denied.
- You must have FULL dates for the lease start and lease end date (i.e. June 1, 2022)
- Your Sublease Agreement must only list the name of the person that is being replaced. All lease holders should only be listed if no one else is planning to sublease and the current sublease will be the only sublease. Anyone listed on the Sublease Agreement will not be permitted to return until the Sublease Agreement is expired and the sublease has moved out.
- The Sublease Agreement MUST have ACTUAL signatures OR DOCUSIGN signatures. Typed names will not be approved.